On Dec 17, 2003, at 11:16 AM, Brian Chabot wrote:

Hey, all...

I just noticed something interesting in my spam filter and was curious if anyone here might know what it's from.

I have several emails that seem to be missing rather important header info... like subjects... and the *body*.

What is the same is:

A seemingly random common name for the username in the email address @mydomain.

Strangely, I got back to my computer after a few days away and noticed two or three of these very same emails. And, like with you, they appear to be coming from some other address at my domain (in my case, "@mac.com").

No content. No apparent reason.

But, forged or not, they're legitimate email addresses, or at least, legitimate mac.com accounts, since by tracing back to the mac.com HTTP server and guessing with the username, it brings up their home page(s), where applicable.

???

Erik