On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 10:06:24AM -0400, Bruce Dawson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 09:56, Paul Lussier wrote:
> >
> > Anyone interested in an open GNHLUG IRC channel?
> >
> > I was thinking of starting one on freenode.  If anyone is interested,
> > I'll start the channel and y'all can just show up to #gnhlug :)
>
> OK. I'll bite. How does one do this using GAIM?

I don't have a copy of Gaim handy, but I'll do what I can to remember:

Create a new account (Accounts menu option, new)
Select "IRC" as protocol
Server name is irc.freenode.net
Select a nick (Most people use some variation on their name)
If it asks for a port, use 6667

Once you've set up the account, click the "Login" checkbox (I think) and
then look for a "join Chatroom" option, join #gnhlug.

Like I said, no copy of Gaim handy - I use Pork for AIM and irssi for
IRC, so I might have missed something.

--
Christopher Schmidt