On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 17:05 -0500, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Mmmm, what reasons are there for upgrading to 2.6 at this point.  I've
> thus far treated 2.6 as 'testing/unstable' kernel, and since many of
> it's nicer features (like SATA) are getting backported to the 2.4
> series, I haven't had a reason to venture into 2.6 land yet.

I use 2.6 in a number of servers and workstations, and it's as stable as
ever. I build them from the kernel.org releases.

My problem is that some of the drivers I need aren't keeping up with the
kernel releases, like the NVIDIA drivers, for instance.

Still, if you are running mission critical, you have to make the best
decision for your situation. There are issues with certain driver/kernel
combinations, but usually there are workarounds.

-Fred