Bill McGonigle writes:

> Oh, and given the amount of work it took me to port POV-Ray to Alpha
> (32-bit pointer assumptions everywhere) I can see why Microsoft wasn't
> chomping at that particular bit.

Still, it is pretty pleasing as a programmer to learn that somebody
has taken your (low-level) code and compiled it on an architecture
that you've never touched before (different endianness, OS, compiler,
and larger pointer size) and find out that self-tests you included
with the code JUST WORK.

Anyways, I was pretty happy when this happened to a protocol stack I
wrote.  Writing code like this takes some attention to detail...

--kevin
--
The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double
logarithmic diagram.