On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 10:08:08AM -0500, Fred wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2006 09:21, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > The Lesson:
> >
> > Its clear that one never "really" knows how recycled materials are going
> > to be used so confidential materials must always be destroyed rather
> > than recycled. (duh)
>
> Also, if you do *test* runs, use *test* data if at all possible. In a big
> organization, I wouldn't trust every employee with sensitive, confidential
> information unless there is an explicit *need to know*.
>
> In the Boston Globe case, there is an element of professionalism amiss here.
> It seems to me pretty darn tacky to use test printouts for wrapping paper.
> It shows no one cares a hoot about their image there.

Speaking as a paperboy for 4 years -- these printouts are not designed
to be seen by the customers. In my case, they were never printed on
recycled paper, but they were shoddily printed, hard to read dot-matrixy
paper with alternating green/white color bars across them. The 'toppers'
basically just had number of papers, and any complaints/adds/drops from
the customers. They're not meant for the general population, so they
have nothing to do with image.

Do warehouses complain if the boxes that their products arrive from
China in have odd markings on them? Do the customers care?

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer