On 3/7/06, Jeff Kinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm confused, are they :
>                 Blocking?
>                    OR
>                 Filtering?
> You've stated it both ways, but they don't mean the same thing to me.

  It means the same thing to them.  They are "filtering" TCP 25
outbound by "blocking" all such packets.  Have a nice day.

> If they are filtering for Spam on outbound packets whose dport is 25 then
> I think its probably a good thing.

  The quick answer is: This would cost way too much for way too little
gain.  A simple port filter, while non-free on many popular routers,
is still orders of magnitude cheaper than a fancy intercept-and-scan
spam filter.

-- Ben