On Tuesday, Sep 5th 2006 at 08:19 -0400, quoth Jerry Feldman:

=>On Monday 04 September 2006 2:10 pm, Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>> I pay an extra $20/month for what they call a static IP address. It's
=>> still served up via dhcp and the address comes from their dynamic address
=>> pool, but it doesn't change. The real reason for getting it though is so
=>> that they open up incoming 80 and outgoing 25.
=>>
=>> Recenetly I noticed that they are throttling my outbound mail. I'm
=>> getting 400 series codes saying 'Too many connections.' The queue will
=>> process after about 20 minutes. I have a list of large domains who will
=>> not accept mail from me because myu address is coming from a dynamic
=>> address pool, so those domains have to route through RCN's server.
=>>
=>> I have a trouble ticket in with them. We shall see. :-(
=>Are you using RCN's smtp server as a relayhost?

I use RCN as a relay for all domains that reject mail from my server
because it's in a dynamic address pool. That would include big players
like comcast, redhat, earthlink, juno, etc...