I'd be interested to see a talk like that and perhaps participate in
discussion, but I can hardly lead a presentation.  I'm not the BSD guru I
may
pretend to be, but I do use OpenBSD for firewall/router/VPN gateway
infrastructure points though and find it very well suited to those needs.

I don't think I have the notes anymore from the BSD talk I did many moons
ago for the CT Free Unix Group. I just poked around archive.org and found
that I talked about BSD vs System V type Unices and demoed a NetBSD install
on my old Sparc IPC back on March 8th, 2001.

I don't really have a concrete reason these days to choose BSD vs Linux.
OpenBSD (and now crossported to Net & Free) is the *excellent*
load-balancing/redundancy protocol, CARP. I used that and FreeBSD at my last
job to have an active/passive RADIUS setup. I also was trying at one point
to see how many different NetBSD platforms I could run in my house (right
now, it stands at about 10 different NetBSD arches). I've run both Open and
Free in production at various jobs as well.

-Shawn