On 3/22/07, Ted Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Um. I tried a couple of things and just managed to mangle up my shell
windows with lines-and-boxes font characters.

 Sounds like you ended up with binary output on a terminal.

 To un-fsck the terminal emulator, issue the command:

        reset

(One nice thing about that is you can easily type it blind.)

 I suspect what you need to do for the export key part is ASCII
armoring.  Otherwise, you get a binary file.  Aside from being less
portable than ASCII, it messes up the terminal.  I believe you want to
use the "--ascii" switch.

 What I don't know is how to strip user IDs from exported keys.  The
caff man page advertises that, when it mails a key to someone, it
strips off all user IDs except for the one being mailed to.

 For example, suppose I have a key with two user IDs attached to it:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]  As I understand it,
the best practice is to strip the [EMAIL PROTECTED] user ID when
mailing to [EMAIL PROTECTED], so that [EMAIL PROTECTED] only gets
the [EMAIL PROTECTED] user ID.  But I don't know how that works.  Or
even if I understand it correctly.

--
"One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel / And the next it's rolling over me"
                                                 -- Rush, "Far Cry"