On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 16:23 -0400, Bruce Labitt wrote:
> Which distro will be used as the base for the installfest?

At this point we are recommending Fedora.

> What makes it "better" for the install?

The fact that we have used it before and it works.  We have not
tested MythTV with Puppy Linux, Slackware, Yggdrasil

Familiarity of the installers and coaches with the distribution.

The fact that if everyone is stepping through the same install you can
just tell them "Hit Enter" (I almost said "Carriage Return") and they
all do the same thing at the same time.

The fact that this is an "appliance" and for most people they don't care
what the base distribution is.  Those that do can probably install
MythTV by themselves.

md