On 3/25/07, Jon 'maddog' Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 16:23 -0400, Bruce Labitt wrote:
> Which distro will be used as the base for the installfest?

At this point we are recommending Fedora.

> What makes it "better" for the install?

The fact that we have used it before and it works.  We have not
tested MythTV with Puppy Linux, Slackware, Yggdrasil

Why not Debian or Ubuntu?  For sheer upgradability, Debian systems
tend to be more bullet proof.

And Linux Media is built using Ubuntu. :)

The fact that this is an "appliance" and for most people they don't care
what the base distribution is.  Those that do can probably install
MythTV by themselves.

True enough.