On Friday 06 April 2007 12:05:39 brk wrote:
> For general 2-channel listening it's not worth it, IMO.
>
> If you're doing 6 or more channel (ie: surround sound) then it's
> worth it, if for no other reason than the simplicity of 1 cable vs. 6+.

There's at least one more reason for it. If you're doing spdif, you're
probably handing off the raw digital audio stream to a device that has a much
better dolby digital decoder (your amp) than a sound card, so you'll get
truer sound. Its an absolute must for me for HDTV and DVD viewing.

--
Jarod Wilson