Interesting question, got me wondering if my Core 2 Duo cpu would look the
same.  Haven't had the chance to check it yet, but I did some reading and found
that it seems neither the Pentium D 805 or my Core 2 Duo 6400 have hyperthread
technology although they're both dual-cores.

I haven't finished studying the IntelĀ® 64 and IA-32 Architecture manuals yet,
but suspect the software developers reference manual hints at the explanation:
"The Intel Pentium D processor also features multi-core technology. This
processor provides hardware multi-threading support with two processor cores
but does not offer Hyper-Threading Technology. This means that the Intel
Pentium D processor provides two logical processors in a physical package, with
each logical processor owning the complete execution resources of a processor
core."

At a SWAG the HT bit is set because there is more than one logical processor,
in the case of the D 805 (and my Core2Duo) they are each a physical core but
for some reason are logically equivalent to a single core with HTT, at least
enough to justify setting the flag bit that way.  It could be that the flag is
set in bios or os code that verifies more than one logical processor without
distingushing physical cores from HTT logic.

ref p.52 of the Intel manual:
<http://www.intel.com/design/processor/manuals/253665.pdf>

also, the table on page 18 of a good review of the D 805 on Tom's Hardware
shows the D 805 has no HT implementation, but comments on the equivalency of
dual-core.  Find it at:
<http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/page18.html>

That article also says the D 805 looks like a great overclocker, the biggest
reason I prefer my Core2Duo is power consumption, but with the 805 in hand I
might look for a good overclocking mobo to take full advantage of it, if that's
your interest.

Hope this is helpful!

-Bruce