On 5/22/07, Bill McGonigle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Quite right - the Verizon guys I've talked to have said, "oh, yeah,
> that would work... but we don't do that."

  One thing to be aware of is that when they re-purpose T1 and ISDN
equipment for "DSL" in this way, they are limited in what you can do
with it.  Typically, it will be either 144 kilobit/sec or 1544
kilobit/sec, symmetric (the data rates of ISDN and DS1 without the
channelizing overhead).  So if you're hoping for one of those nifty
5M/768K asymmetric circuits, you'll still be out-of-luck.  On the
other hand, 1.5M still beats 56K.  :)

> Fairpoint "does that" - hopefully the sale will go through.

  It's a truism that all telcos suck.  But I have yet to encounter one
that sucks more than Verizon.

-- Ben