On Wednesday 05 March 2008 18:33, Jon 'maddog' Hall wrote:
> > Cost of saving Dell Inspiron 2650 (original cost ~$800)
> > "Technician" @ $40/hr 57 hr ......      $2280.00
> > Book "Understanding the Linux Kernel"      49.95
> > Ice cream to sooth nerves (6 times)        33.37
> > Replacement hard drive (160GB)             93.75
> > Rebate from wife for saving environment   -22.78
> >                                  Total   2434.29
>
> Cost of all that technical help from the GNHLUG mailing
> list...Priceless!

    As usual.  Even when it is not my problem or question, there is
always something of value to learn here.

    I thought of adding the received value of 1 week in a college
computer technology course (pro rata) to offset the cost.  But, it has
been so long that I don't even know how they charge for courses these
days.  It used to be $25 per semester credit hour.  It must have gone
up somewhat.

    One spring we has a tuition "riot" because $900/semester tuition was
"too damn much".

    Thanks to everybody for this help and to the list in general for
perpetuating the spirit of sharing and helping.

Jim Kuzdrall