On May 15, 2008, Cole Tuininga sent me the following:
> Just another tool that does something similar to sshguard - denyhosts.
> (http://denyhosts.sf.net/)  It's pretty configurable and can actually be
> used to monitor other services as well if you're willing to do a little
> bit of regex work.
>
> I have to admit that since I've moved sshd away from port 22, I've not
> felt the need to run it anymore.

I've also been using denyhosts on my private server. Works very well. If
anyone would like some pointers on setting it up using BSD's pf instead
of it's default tcpwrappers, feel free to drop me a line.

--
Chip Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://weblog.2bithacker.net/                        PGP key ID 43C4819E