My daughter's laptop has a failing disk drive.  I've backed up her data.
The laptop is old enough that we want to replace it.  I'm looking for
suggestions as to where I can get a reasonable laptop with Ubuntu or
simply bare.  I can handle the Ubuntu installation.

Dell no longer offers Ubuntu on their standard laptops through the web
site menus.  It appears to be possible over the phone, but I can not get
the details worked out.  (They keep insisting I need MS Office or I
won't be able to do any word processing.)

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp