On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 17:02 -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Don't suppose you would be willing to see how a fedora 10 live cd
> behaves before you do?...

There was no opportunity to try Fedora 10.  I suppose there is a pretty
good chance that Fedora 10 would be able to correctly deduce the proper
settings.  As a developer, I like Fedora and the integration of new
packages into a surprisingly reliable distribution.

However, the laptop is my daughter's and she is enthusiastic about being
better able to manage herself with Ubuntu.  She's been running Fedora,
and has been frustrated at the need to call on me for help with
configuration issues.  Even if Fedora 10 worked, she wanted to go with
Ubuntu.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp