Michael ODonnell writes:

> However, I'm obliged to confirm their assertion (while repulsed
> by their attitudes and methods) because, strictly speaking, it is
> true that a "spotless discipline record" proves essentially nothing.
> Think of all the fscking @55h0le5 you know (or know of) who happen to
> have a "spotless" record, at least as far as the relevant authorities
> are concerned.  So that was actually more of a "lack of data" point...

This point reminds me of a snippet of code I wrote once...hmm...where
is it now....oh, wait...there it is:

        /*
         *  Check to see if this packet looks authentic or not.
         *
         *  N.B:  the opposite of "definitely not authentic" is *not*
         *        "definitely authentic".
         */

        if (isPacketDefinitelyNotAuthentic(recvBuf, recvSize)) {

Of course, how I write code and how I expect to be treated in society
are two things.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                God, I loved that Pontiac.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                -- Tom Waits