On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Susan Cragin <susancra...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> There are two specialized but excellent word processors that have a very
> specific following. Both have relatively small user bases.
>
> Word Perfect is still the application of choice for many law offices. If
> you do legal transcription, you often have to certify that you have a valid
> WP license and the latest program. Some statistics (wikipedia) show WP with
> 15% of the business market.

My comment about WordPerfect was of course a joke.  If I could use anything
for documents, I'd use emacs + LaTeX and LaTeX worry about references,
layout, font choice, etc.  I've used WP and it translates well to other
formats.

>From what I understand, WP does word count correctly and that's required for
legal document.  Word doesn't.  Does OpenOffice?

--
If it's fixed, don't break it