> Word Perfect is still the application of choice for many law offices. If you
> do legal transcription, you often have to certify that you have a valid WP
> license and the latest program. Some statistics (wikipedia) show WP with 15%
> of the business market.

> Lawyers are quite often behind the techno curve. (I have a law degree BTW.)

My wife is a lawyer, one reason the legal community won't give it up is
because WP handles "Tables of Authorities," important in briefs and whatnot.
The other reason is that WP has a "reveal codes" function which splits the
display into a WYSIWYG top and non-WYSIWYG bottom that shows all the font
changes and stuff (even if there's no content, e.g. HTML <b></b> or triling
underlined spaces after words).  It also shows things like sizes on the screen
so it's easier to match font sizes when you have to edit an unfamiliar
document.  I'd often edit in the non-WSYIWYG half so I could get text on the
proper side of an attribute change.

Should I ever find myself changing OO, that would be one of the first things
I'd add.  Without it, I find myself sticking to emacs and its "fill paragraph"
function and 80 column lines.  It's amazing how much influence IBM cards
still have on me and other right-thinking individuals.

  -Ric