On 05/02/2011 11:14 AM, David Ohlemacher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Regarding natty, this upstream kernel issue is a show stopper for me:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/760131
>
> 40% less battery time?    That will need to get fixed before I would
> upgrade.
>
> Also, I believe the alt-f2 run dialog has been removed from Unity.
> Another show stopper.  I rarely use the menus.

I upgraded my netbook to Natty last week.
I have not measured battery time, but I certainly am able to use alt-f2
to run a command as well as ctrl-alt-f{1-6} to bring up the command line.

Certainly the kernel battery issue is certainly still an issue, but has
been assigned, and should be fixed in an update shortly.

--
Jerry Feldman <g...@blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix