In a message dated: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:42:49 EST
Rob Lembree said:

>The original posting identified the library as Nashua Public.  I
>don't have time to hand-hold more than one at the moment.  The
>rest are details that I'd work out with the contributors.  For
>example, you can mail them to me, and I'll deliver them, or I
>can put you in contact with the library folks who are lined up
>to package them to go into circulation.
>
>> For which library? And how are they being trained? Can you "release"
>> your training materials for others to improve/use? Also, what about the
>> sales pitch you are using? Can you share that?
>
>Sigh.  Again, these are details that I'd planned to share with the
>contributors who were to have signed up.  I didn't get any (but
>it now looks as though you may sign up?)

Don't you see the problem here?  You're asking for volunteers for the
unknown.  You need to tell people exactly what they're signing up
for, or at least tell them you're holding a meeting to explain what
needs you have.  Once you get people there in a captive audience
where they can't hide by lurking anonymously, you're more likely to
get volunteers.

I didn't quite grok what your 'Library project' was when reading it
on the discuss list.  I had questions similar to Bruce's (though I
knew it didn't require coding :)  But there wasn't much substance to
it, and it left me wanting more information which never came.
(you could say I should have asked, however, I shouldn't need to is
the point.  There are a whole bunch of people on that list that likely
had similar questions.  It's up to us as the organizers to provide
either the answers, or the forum more conducive to questions getting
asked.)
--

Seeya,
Paul