Benjamin Scott wrote:

| On Nov 6 at 7:29pm, Bruce Dawson wrote:
|
|> I guess we need a 2-step login (where TWiki sends the initial
|> password to the email address they give at registration), and I (or
|> someone else) needs to find time to implement that.
|
| This has been mentioned on this list at least twice recently. :)
| I'd try and dig up a reference (there were some good ref's to
| twiki.org), but while I've been typing this, it appears the GNHLUG
| website just went down. Maybe you're working on it as I write?

Yes, I'm getting very frustrated working on it, so I think I'm going
to disable SPAM filtering from the TWiki.BlackListPlugin.

| On Nov 6 at 7:29pm, Bruce Dawson wrote:
|
|> Until that gets done, I have emptied the Trash web ...
|
| Ahhh, so *that's* why I couldn't find it (the Trash web).
|
| On Nov 6 at 7:29pm, Bruce Dawson wrote:
|
|> and re-enabled Main.PublicEditorsGroup.
|
| I think somebody did something more then that. I just got this:
|
| On Nov 6 at 9:30pm or so, the GNHLUG website wrote:
|
|> Error
|>
|> Wiki-spam detected: "" is a banned word and cannot be saved. Your
|> IP address 24.34.44.212 is black listed at the GNHLUG web site due
|> to suspicious activities. Please contact site administrator
|> [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you got on the list by mistake.

Sorry - I was working with the latest BlackListPlugin, but it appears
to have problems on the system - I'm not sure if its a bug in the
plugin, perl, or something else, but I'm disabling the spam-word
filtering.

| ... trying to save the "WebToDo" page in the "Organizational" web.
|
| Huh? I understand the concept of banning, but the "" null word
| looks like a mistake to me. Did I get a new IP recently (entirely
| possible) that some zombie PC was on previously?

Nope. That's the problem I was running into. I just turned off
spam-word filtering, so try again.

| On Nov 6 at 7:29pm, Bruce Dawson wrote:
|
|> Sigh. I guess these people don't understand the ramifications of
|> "Liberty", and are intent on manifesting the Tragedy of the Commons.
|

| You're absolutely correct, except where you call them "people".
| This is just the email spam problem all over again. :-(

Hmmm. And the baseball-bat-solution to the problem doesn't seem
workable in this situation. (How do you find the person to apply the
baseball-bat to?)

- --Bruce