On Sep 26, 2007, at 21:57, Ted Roche wrote:

> Advertising, which is closer to asking for the sale,
> is nearer what I'm suggestion.

I concur with your correction of my correction of your correction,
and apologize for my sloppy terminology. :)

What I meant was that I saw some progress on the thought patterns.
"How do we increase membership" is broad.  "How do we do better
advertising" is specific - I like it.

I'm due to send out an announcement today for next week's DLSLUG
meeting, as soon as the speaker confirms.  I already missed the
deadline for one paper, but will make the other (the papers' Events
Calendars are free 'classifieds').  In this case I had Wind River
cancel on me 1 week out, so I shall minimize the self-flagellation,
but in general, being prepared in advance helps to maximize
advertising-on-a-shoestring efforts.  Automation would also help me
but I'm not there yet.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/