Hi,
>Look at version 3.9.17* of XFree86 for speedups....
The important stuff is how I draw on X actually. I'm using Qt, and now I'm
gonna implement an MIT-SHM X drawing thing. This seems to be the fastest so far
because it doesn't need a socket call for every single Pixmap operation I do.
Even if it's just an image2pixmap operation, it's still too expensive,
especially compared to how I generate the Image with a beowulf.
Ferenc