On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Could someone suggest some good online sources for learning perl? I've been
> shuffling through CPAN but I really haven't found much but "20 minute"
> tutorials and advanced information. I had been reading something like "Learn
> perl in 21 days" back when informit.com was pbs.mcp.com but they don't have a
> free perl tutorial book anymore.

<SoapBox>
Just my $0.02, but at all costs avoid any books from Sams.net
publishing.  This would include any and all of the the "Learn XYZ in
<certain amount of time>" books.  They are horrible.  Will they teach
you little tricks and minor tips?  Yes.  Will they get you to be able to
do simple things quickly?  Quite possibly.  Will they teach you
horrendous coding styles and give you absolultely no knowledge of how
things really work?  Definitely.
</SoapBox>

I now return you to your regularly scheduled linux chatter.

--
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
 lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of

Cole Tuininga
Network Admin
Trade Services, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]