On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 12:08:52PM -0400, Jeffry Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Right now, I'm using the mouse, or sometimes lynx.  I'm considering
> switching from pine to mutt, as it is threaded.  How do you get it to
> do the URLs?

    Plenty of other good reasons to use mutt, but that's another
topic...

    I use mutt with an external (but mutt-related) program called
urlview that pulls out URLs from the message I'm currently reading
according to the regular expression I've set.  When I select a URL
from the list it gives me, it calls url_handler.sh.  I've customized
the url_handler.sh for my environment, and tweaked it to used the
Netscape script someone provided here a while back to open Netscape in
a new window as desired.  I'd be happy to pass along any relevent
configuration information if you start playing around with mutt.  It's
*highly* configurable.

    That said, since I normally switch to the mouse once Netscape is
up anyway, recently I've been using the select-and-middle-click method
previously discussed.

--
Bob Bell                Compaq Computer Corporation
Software Engineer       110 Spit Brook Rd - ZKO3-3U/14