Hello all,

As a "former teenage daughter" (now a "20 something daughter")... I shall
have to disagree and, if I didn't know better I would swear that 2nd
paragraph bordered on sexist ! But, I shall not judge...... and I doubt it
was meant to be... I know the comment was supposed to be a pun.... But....

The most expensive things I wore growing up were my English DMs... and they
ARE superior... The superiority was in the materials used to make it, and
the design...  Not because it was expensive (they were) and they didn't
become popular until years after I started wearing them (We are talking
YEARS)

Sure the MS OS can suck, but.... There are programs that run like I need, on
it that don't. Until those companies begin to make software for linux, or
someone makes something equivalent,  I'll keep using Windows. I  have
certain uses for linux... I just can't use it 24/7 for some of the things I
do.

I'll continue to support linux, because of it's stability... but for me, it
is necessary to use MS.

I need MS for High End video editing, some desktop publishing and some
graphic work. Yeah, Yeah, I know.. Gimp.. but I have problems with Gimp
doing what I want - I've read the tutorials etc... so I'll stick with
Photoshop and the like.  (Egad... the GNHLUG images were created in
Photoshop?! Ok, I gave Gimp a try, so they were at least touched by Gimp...
but I don't think the outcome was too bad... do you?)

Now, I use linux for my webserver, my video capture machine (capture not
editing), my firewall, mail server. I use it in these places because I need
their specific functions... just like I need MS so I can run specific
programs.

So what I am saying is.... I'm Bi-OS. I like them both, but for different
reasons. I'm not an OS-two-timer... Neither of them are ready to meet my
needs completely... and they understand that that is why I need them both...
I'm not using MS because everyone is, and it is not necessarily the best
because it is expensive... Same goes for Linux, in reverse.

Pardon me if I am not making any sense. My sinuses are going wacky and the
meds are making the rest of me wackier... All I'm saying is... Stop dissing
each other. Geezz... it's like living in Northern Ireland sometimes. (minus
the violence)

Thanks
Maria

PS. - I am not speaking for anyone other than myself.
(i.e. my husband has his own opinions and I accept that)