On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 07:19:11AM -0400, Benjamin Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Brice Gibson wrote:
> > some files got deleted, can I undelete them ... ?
>
>   No.

    Assuming use of the ext2 file system, of course.  The answer is
really based on the file system, though based on the question, I'd
have to assume Brice probably is running e2fs.  Of course, you still
might be able to recover some of the data, but that's involved, and
definitely not the same as undeleting them.

    FWIW, I only commented because I just noticed last week that AdvFS
(on Tru64 Unix) let you do 'mktrashcan' to save deleted files,
although I don't think it's normally used.

--
Bob Bell                Compaq Computer Corporation
Software Engineer       110 Spit Brook Rd - ZKO3-3/U14