mike ledoux wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Kurth Bemis wrote:
>
> >how do i get my console to run at a higher resolution?  I saw it once on a
> >list that i was a member of..but i can't seem top track down that mail
> >right now?  I'm using redhack 6.0.  Any ideas?
>
> 'man SVGATextMode'
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                    http://www.mclinux.com/

Thanks for this thread, guys.  I'd had 132x60 working on my previous Linux
system, but forgot the magic I'd used to set it up.  It's nice to have it back...

Along the lines of "why Linux", though, it was REALLY not easy to find this
stuff, either the first time, or just now.  The lilo "ask" routine gets you
"a" for the code for 132x60, but giving "a" to lilo gets "not a number".
(The answer seems to be to use "10".  Intuitive, yes?)

Speaking of intuitive...  "man SVGATextMode"  ??
Yup, we've got work to do for usability.

(BTW*2:  that gets "No manual entry for SVGATextMode".  RH 6.0 here too.)

-Bill