On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Alex Hewitt USG wrote:
> In the past I've always had to play games to get Win/NT to play nice with
> Linux.

  I've always had to play games to get WinNT to work, period.  :-)

> Microsoft takes a search and destroy approach to multi-boot systems.

  For a change, this isn't Microsoft's fault.  Linux is actually the
mis-behaving OS in this case.  LILO does something completely non-standard and
goofy by installing special code in the boot record of the partition table.
The MBR is supposed to load the boot record of the active primary partition,
*NOT* load an OS all by itself.

  I usually recommend installing LILO in the boot record of the boot
partition, which makes Linux a well-behaved OS again.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>