At 02:42 AM 11/7/2000 -0500, Mjo wrote:

in kppp there is a setting where you tell it what NS's to use...i think
that its under setup then select the connection...then press edit > and its
like the 3'rd tab over...or something like that......thats the way that i
always did it and i've never had any problems....

with 7.1 i did have some problems with pppd dying ( getting dropped ) and
then no being able to open the port again.....i finally resolved this by
hardware jumpering my modem instead of just letting it use the settings
that the bios gave it.

good luck!

~kurth

>Ryan and I both installed Mandrake 7.1 this weekend.  Neither one of us
>can get our DNS working with ppp.
>We can connect wherever we like, so long as we have the IP addy.  I have
>been mostly playing with drakeconf
>to get it working.  My current resolv.conf looks like this when the kpp
>dialer is running:
>
>domain brinet.net               #kppp temp entry
>nameserver 198.172.168.21       #kppp temp entry
>nameserver 198.172.168.20       #kppp temp entry
>
>It's 2:30am and I'm now cross-eyed. Thoughts?
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Mjo

Kurth Bemis - Network/Systems Administrator, USAExpress.net/Ozone Computer

There is no sin except stupidity. -- Oscar Wilde

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth
PGP key available - http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth/pgp

Fight Weak Encryption!  Donate your wasted CPU cycles to Distributed.net
(http://www.distributed.net)