For a webcam that I run at home our main camera uses a Hauppauge
WinTV-GO Model 190 for the video capture board and a Sanyo color CCD
camera. I purchased the card at Best Buy almost a year ago, and I had
the camera from when I worked at a company that did PC based video
surveillance. You can find a list of boards that work in linux at
http://roadrunner.swansea.linux.org.uk/v4l.shtml

I have also used the Hauppauge WinTV-Theater Model 495 in linux with the
same camera. The TV tuner built into the card as well as the FM tuner
works very well in linux. The TV tuner, and FM tuner can not be used at
the same time that you are capturing from the video input. You have to
shutdown you capturing program before opening the TV or radio
Application. This is why I opted for the low end 40$ capture card Model
190 in my dedicated capture machine, and the "Good" card Model 495 in my
main workstation where I can watch TV and not interrupt the webcam
system.

JDF