In a message dated: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:25:46 EST
Benjamin Scott said:

>  Ummmm... I can't find the numbers I thought I found before, so I likely
>either (1) misread PC Conn's listing or (2) miskeyed some numbers.  The
>cheapest I see right now on PC Conn is $60 per 40 GB tape, or $1.50 per GB.

Ahm, okay. That's what I thought :)

>  FWIW, pricewatch.com lists a vendor claiming $49 per 40 GB tape, but
>Pricewatch isn't what I would call a model of accuracy.  :-)

That, and for anyone buying these types of things regularly, they don't always
have them in stock.  Pricewatch, and other web based suppliers are fine for
one time orders, or ordering very rarely, but if you need something
consistantly, there's nothing better than establishing a good relationship
with a vendor you know, like, and trust!  In the long run, it's usually far
more cost effective too.  Unfortunately, it would be tough to quantify that
savings until you actually ran out of tapes and discovered there was a 4 week
lead time from PC-Connection :)

>This wasn't exactly a scientific survey, if you know what I mean.  :-)

But I thought everything you read on the web or in e-mail was true and
accurate!  You mean you lied to me? :)
--
Seeya,
Paul