On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Thomas M. Albright wrote:

> OK, you asked for it! :)
>
> Not being the developer type, I *really* appreciate all the help you
> people are giving me!
>
> On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Benjamin Scott wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Thomas M. Albright wrote:
> > > I installed kde 2.0.1 on my RedHat 6.1 system. Now, when I try to use
> > > it, it seems to start fine, then quits with the following:
> >
> >   It looks like KDE is getting dynamically linked to the wrong
> > version of the Qt shared libraries.  (This is depressingly common
> > with Qt apps.)
> >
> >   Post the contents of your /etc/ld.so.conf file.
> >
> # cat /etc/ld.so.conf
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/lib
> /usr/local/lib
> /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
> /usr/lib/qt-1.44/lib
> /usr/kerberos/lib
> /usr/lib/qt-2.2.1/lib

Hmmm...you've got /usr/lib/qt-1.44/lib (the QT 1.x libs) listed before the
QT2.x libs (/usr/lib/qt-2.2.1/lib). Try either removing or 1.x line, or at
least move it to the end of the file, then run (as root) /sbin/ldconfig
and see what happens with KDE.

Now, if you try and run KDE1.x I don't know what will happen, not sure to
of the backwards compatibility of QT.

--rdp

--
Rich Payne