You can't format a linux partition, you have to delete it. Then create a
winblowz partition and format that.

So ... Why can't you work in linux? I'm no developer, (as is obvious by
my questions on theis list,) but I use linux almost exclusively. I have
WordPerfect 2000, ApplixWare, and Star Office for office apps, gimp and
ImageMagik for graphics, netscape for the web, pine for e-mail, slrn for
news...

Why (besides games) do you need that other OS?

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Dave hardy wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> Here's my piddly little situation:
>
> I installed a second hard drive on my home machine last summer and have had RH6.2 on
>it since;  however, due to work-at-home issues at our house recently, I need to
>uninstall RH and recover the drive for WinDoze apps, and then try out RH7 and some
>other Linux distros on another machine that I just built from cannabalized parts.
>
> I managed to blow away LILO but am having trouble reformatting the drive;  I tried
>it from the DOS shell and also using Partition Magic, which clearly displays the half
>dozen or so partitions I have with RH but will only allow me to format the Win32
>partition of 40MB and I can't recover the other 15GB of space that I need from the
>other partitions;  in fact, the "format" option is grayed out on the drop-down menu.
>
> I must be missing something really basic and stupid here;  does anyone have a quick
>and easy way for me to reformat the drive and put it into WinDoze Purgatory?
>
> Thanks for your consideration, and I must say I have yet to run across a real
>bastard yet among the whole bunch of you;  those I have in abundance here at work.
>Looking forward to the next NNH LUG meeting and also the geekfest down in Hopkinton,
>nicely described by maddog.
>
> Dave
>
> Dave Hardy
> Systems Manager/DBA
> Vermont Health Care Administration
> 89 Main Street
> Drawer 20
> Montpelier, VT 05620-3101
> 802-828-2914
> FAX: 802-828-2949
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thomas M. Albright
Albright Enterprises - "The Small Business Solution"
http://www.albrightent.com/