>   Clarification: I hate using software that says, "Standards aren't important;
> do things my way."

You have yet to name a part of the standard(s) it does not support.

One of *my* standards for software is to NOT have a security hole big
enough to drive a truck trough be discovered every other month.

It seems you don't care about security and reliability as much as you
worry that you may have to learn a config file format.

>   Sounds way too much like Microsoft.  Sure, at least with djbdns I don't have
> to *pay* to be treated like dirt, but I'd still rather not be treated like
> dirt.  :-)

No, ISC sounds like MS. Keep using BIND  - now they want to have you PAY
to be told the software is broken.

--Pete