Actually the commoditization has hurt HP more. While Compaq's PC operations
were a bit bloated, they still have a profit margin. Lately Dell has been
waging a price war, which seems to be hurting Gateway more than the others.
Personally I'm concerned with the HP buyout because it might damage
Compaq's Northeast operations and affect my future job prospects.In the
Unix marketplace, I would hate to see Tru64 go by the wayside in favor of
HP-UX.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group