One thing to do in this case is to telnet in from the other machine,
become root and run a command like:

# switchto 2

which should switch you to VC #2. Hopefully that will give you a live
keyboard.

If the keyboard was working but the output missing (I've found running
some games can do this), then you could type (blindly) in the
switchto(1) command at the console. Setting up restoretextmode(1) (say
via a short alias) can be useful too.

It may also be possible to start up xdm (or even startx) from the
remote login (perhaps open(1) is required can't recall...). There is
some chance when the X server restarts it resets the keyboard and mouse.

Karl

BTW: I assume at the frozen keyboard you have already tried things
like "Ctrl-Alt-F2" or "Alt-F2" to try to shift over to, say, VC #2,
on the off chance it is stuck in VC #7 (the VC X typically uses).