I had Adelphia for a while in Hudson NH; I will again when my house is
done and I move back.  I have to agree with some of what has been
written re. them.

o I concur that occasionally the mail server was dead (pop.bur.adelphia.net)
o At the time according to their web site, the downstream bit rate was
  advertised as 3-4 Mb/s.  But on a good day I'd get about 400kb/s.
  They denied the ad and after a couple of false starts I led them to
  their own page with the 3-4 Mb/s claim.  "oh..."  But then I got a song
  about how no one else or not enough other people attached to the same
  head-end were complaining, so "tough".
o Their news server was for the most part unusable.
o Like most customer service arms of these places, their folks have *everyone*
  run through the same script no matter what.  Have a headache?  Well, unplug
  your modem for one minute.  That didn't do it?  Must be a problem on your
  end then.

MediaHun wasn't much better back when I was in Wilmington, MA though once
in a while I was able to find intelligent life on the other side of the
phone.

Fwiw right now I have Charter since I'm in Brookline NH temporarily.  I've
had it for less than a week but so far it's working well.  And, I'm getting
the bit rates they advertise: I ordered 1.5 Mb/s and dslreports.com sez
I get just under that.  They're more expensive than Adelphia or AT&T for
the same level of service and I haven't sampled their customer serivice
org. just yet.

        -- Farrell