Dan Coutu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> The problem is that the new version of
Ghostscript includes a driver for the newer ijs and not hpijs.

Close... I'm working on the same issue, but with SuSE 7.3, as I
bought an HP 940C recently.

Take a look at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hpinkjet/
and
http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

Basically, the 'hpijs' is a kind of filter/pseudo-driver that exists
in a separate file on your system, but is called by Ghostscript as
part of GS's digestion of your file, before GS ultimately queues the
results to the actual printer driver. The new hpijs does require a
newer version of Ghostscript (to ensure that the GS you're running
knows what "hpijs" is). The two URLs should give you a good springboard,
however. I simply haven't had time/patience to work it all out yet.

HTH,

Bayard

Bayard R. Coolidge      N1HO    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed are
Compaq Computer Corp.           solely those of the author, and not
Nashua, New Hampshire, USA      those of Compaq Computer Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (DEC '77-'98)              or any other entity.
"Brake for Moose - It could save your life" - N.H. Fish & Game Dept.