Hello,

I complained about this some time ago, but I can not find the thread. :)

I too wrote myself a basic script to do exactly what you described, but
shortly I found that was not enough. I had to change if frequently until I
ended up with the script that worked for UI translations that keep
translations in package/po/ and help files in package/help/. Since many,
many project like to use different paths (why?) like doc, docs, lalala, I
had do add those. Then I had to add translators to credit their work ...
I ended with the script based on the file name
(packagename.type.branch.translator.language.po) that worked great until I
stumbled upon projects that have some bizarre paths (why?) ... and yes, I
had to add a "locator" to those po files header. I used firstline #'
path/path since it was the only way I figured how to parse the filecontents
in bash (I'm not really a bash programmer but it seems I managed so far).

To end and follow this rant, I think adding locator seems wrong until
projects have no " defined structure".
I think in the first place all project should use /po for UI and /help for
help ... there is no need for more complications.
In case a "Locator" is added, I'd ask a bash guru to also include some info
about getting the "path" out of the file.

M!