Am Mo., 18. März 2019 um 20:36 Uhr schrieb Claude Paroz <cla...@2xlibre.net>:

> Le 18.03.19 à 15:17, mcatanz...@gnome.org a écrit :
> > Please keep gnome-i18n@gnome.org CCed
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 5:02 AM, Arnaud Bonatti
> > <arnaud.bona...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> If a translation contains a web link to what is currently an
> >> hypnotherapist website, it’s my role to remove that link before it
> >> hits the stable release. Even if I didn’t had the time to join the
> >> translator or its team to fix it in l10n. (Yes, it’s a true story. Not
> >> a big issue, but a real life one.)
>
> Hello Arnaud,
>
> I'm sure you have good intentions and you want the better for you
> released software.
> However the example above is a typical example whete it would be crucial
> that gnome-i18n is aware of the issue, because the person that committed
> that is either malicious and his account should immediately be blocked,
> or his account has been hacked and he should be aware of that.
>
> So if you report a serious issue to a translator team and don't get a
> prompt answer, you should imemdiately escalate the issue to gnome-i18n
> so we can take proper action.

I agree with this - also, reporting the smaller errors to the
translation teams could mean that they are corrected elsewhere, as
they are likely repeated in the 100+ GNOME modules.  I wonder if that
link is found in multiple modules?

(Of course it is tedious to wait for the translation teams when
there's a release deadline and you're doing the final polishing.)

Best regards
Ask