Hi Claude Paroz, hi Ask Hjorth Larsen,

>> On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 5:02 AM, Arnaud Bonatti
>> <arnaud.bona...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If a translation contains a web link to what is currently an
>>> hypnotherapist website, it’s my role to remove that link before it
>>> hits the stable release. Even if I didn’t had the time to join the
>>> translator or its team to fix it in l10n. (Yes, it’s a true story. Not
>>> a big issue, but a real life one.)
>
> However the example above is a typical example whete it would be crucial
> that gnome-i18n is aware of the issue, because the person that committed
> that is either malicious and his account should immediately be blocked,
> or his account has been hacked and he should be aware of that.

Of course, when I discovered that thing, I imagined various scenarii
like these; but that’s clearly not the case; that’s just a domain name
of a translation team that has been abandonned, and reused for
something else. The link is a broken link, so it’s not a direct
promotion (hopefully!), it’s just pointing to an inappropriate
website.

> I agree with this - also, reporting the smaller errors to the
> translation teams could mean that they are corrected elsewhere, as
> they are likely repeated in the 100+ GNOME modules.  I wonder if that
> link is found in multiple modules?

Well, if that problem is/was on my priorities of the week, that’s the
reason… I think most GNOME applications have this link in their About
dialog. So if it’s not a big issue in itsefl, it would be great to fix
it, and everywhere.

So, what’s the problem? well, dconf-editor’s Bulgarian translation
po/bg.po contains:
msgid "translator-credits"
msgstr ""
"Александър Шопов <a...@kambanaria.org>\n"
"\n"
"Проектът за превод на GNOME има нужда от подкрепа.\n"
"Научете повече за нас на <a href=\"http://gnome.cult.bg\";>http://gnome.cult.";
"bg</a>\n"
"Докладвайте за грешки на <a href=\"http://gnome.cult.bg/bugs\";>http://gnome.";
"cult.bg/bugs</a>"

That text is the one displayed in the About dialog for crediting
translators, but people on that list must know that. :·) The subdomain
http://gnome.cult.bg is broken, hopefully, that’s why it’s clearly not
malicious; but the domain http://cult.bg is… surprising.

As we’re here, if someone would like to take care of contacting the
correct people to fix this issue, that would be really appreciated.
:·)

Regards,
Arnaud

--