On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Denys Vlasenko <dvlas...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Is it a policy of Gnome Desktop to shoehorn users into fixed UI style
> instead of offering them reasonable choice? What next, hardwired window
> title color and size?
>
> --

There is no policy as such.  As I said earlier, why not try it first and see
how it works before criticizing the design?

I'm a systems administrator I have a ton of windows open, I used to use the
taskbar, and I don' and it's been okay for me.  While something was taken
away, another method was added that hopefully will be better than what you
had before.  It does require that you keep an open mind and try it.

There are plenty of people who have similar anecdotes.

sri