On 23/02/13 00:30, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM, Donato Marrazzo
> <donato.marra...@gmail.com <mailto:donato.marra...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Please remove AppMenu!
>

> If I could make a suggestion.  When making such requests, it's best to
> simply state the problem and not recommend the solution.  I for one am
> not so arrogant to know what the solution should be.  In this case,
> the problem is for the designer to solve.  It's their design.  :-)

There are many mails in the thread stating the con's. The thing is, i
can't think of any pro's, maybe someone can enlighten me? :)

The feature as it currently is implemented is just annoying if you use
anything other than a single small screen. If it's there to stay, please
fix the fallback mode to not introduce a whole extra menubar with just
one entry. Like merge the menus or put it in the title bar.

> If you make the case that something is not fulfilling or violating the
> design goals then it should be put in as a bug.  Then it is up to the
> designers and the maintainer to figure out what the right solution
> is.  It might be the correct solution is remove AppMenu, or perhaps
> the solution is to fix X11 in some shape way or form.

there are quite a few bug reports concerning this ... could'nt find one
with useful developer feedback (except to enable the fallback mode)