On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 02:35 +0100, Florian Scandella wrote:

> On 23/02/13 00:30, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> > If you make the case that something is not fulfilling or violating
> > the design goals then it should be put in as a bug.  Then it is up
> > to the designers and the maintainer to figure out what the right
> > solution is.  It might be the correct solution is remove AppMenu, or
> > perhaps the solution is to fix X11 in some shape way or form.
> there are quite a few bug reports concerning this ... could'nt find
> one with useful developer feedback (except to enable the fallback
> mode)

Bugs I file regularly get resolved, so I don't know what your comment
about feedback means.  The bug on the app-menu and sloppy focus got
resolved, with a fair amount of commentary.

Bugzilla is a bug management tool, not a discussion forum.   Bugs needs
to be *specific* and actionable.

If you want to *discuss* design then I imagine you need to join the
design team.