On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Jeffrey B. Reed wrote:

> I did however notice that ghostscript 5.10 includes jpeg support.
> Would jpeg files be a better choice for the web documentation since
> there is a direct translation from ps to jpeg?

<delurk> Since nobody has jumped in here ...
Even if they are more work, gifs are preferable for Lilypond's web
documentation. Jpegs are good for photos, but will show ringing &
similar artifacts on sheet music.

Jan, Han-Wen, contributers: great software.  I may have other comments
when I understand her (Lilypond) better.
<relurk>