I have started making som fixes to mudela-book. I am
studying the last year at Malmoe College of Music (Sweden)
and I use Lilypond and LaTeX to write about ear training
(some 30-50 pages with lots of mudela examples in the text).

Does yodl2latex depend on mudela-book.py to print music? I
don't think it does, but I don't want to break something
else.

The attached .tar.gz file includes
        mudela-book2.py
        testbook.doc
        testbook.ps
and unpacks in current dir. 'testbook.doc' is an example
file showing the possibilities with mudela-book2.py.
'testbook.ps' is what it generates on my computer. Hopefully
it will look the same on yours. Try to change the papersize
to a5paper or something else. This version of mudela-book
recognises the \twocolumn command in latex, but for now you
can't go back to one column again.

It is a little crippled for now, so to run it you must have
a subdirectory named out and run it with:
./mudela-book.py --outname=name testbook.doc
latex out/name

Be warned that it will put som .log files from tex in the
current dir. This is only a first hack, I will clean up the
code and fix  commandline options and parameter names later.

It would be nice if someone try the python code on their
system. Can I send a patch to let this version of mudela-
book replace the one included in the distribution?

Tom Cato Amundsen
Get your own free web-based email address at Xoom!
http://www.xoom.com

mudela-book2.tar.gz